A few years ago, renewing your DSTV subscription from home would have been just a myth, something most of us would be thrilled about.
Now, the process is so much common and easy that we take it for granted.
Just about every bank in Nigeria allows you to renew your DSTV subscription from home using their mobile app.
And now, Konga – a leading e-commerce platform in Nigeria – is offering shoppers the convenience of paying for their DSTV subscription using KongaPay either from their desktops using the web-based app or on their smartphones using the KongaPay mobile app.
Most banks in Nigeria are already offering this service.
But why should you switch to KongaPay to renew your DSTV subscription? What’s so special about KongaPay?
For one, KongaPay aside being very secure and approved by the Central Bank of Nigeria, also allows you to renew your DSTV subscription automatically. With KongaPay, you can set your DSTV subscription to renew automatically at the end of every month.
The advantage of this automatic renewal aside saving you from the stress of setting up payment details every month is that you’ll never miss any of your favorite shows.
We’ve all been there.
You’re watching your favorite TV show and all of a sudden the blank screen comes up asking you to renew your subscription. Before you could make the next payment and wait for its activation, you have missed all the exciting parts of the show.
We all hate such moments and that’s the major reason why you might want to consider setting up the KongaPay for your DSTV subscription. With the platform, your subscription will be renewed automatically and you won’t even notice any break in your TV show.
KongaPay is 100% secure and certified by the CBN. The setup process is quite simple and straightforward.
How to Set Up Your KongaPay Account for the First Time
- If you’re on a desktop, log on to KongaPay.com. You can download the KongaPay mobile app from Playstore for Android or Appstore for iOS for your smartphone
- The setup process for the web-based application and mobile app is the same. Launch the KongaPay app and click on the yellow colored ‘Register for KongaPay’ button
- A new form will come up requesting for your name and surname. Type those in the space provided and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Another form will come up requesting for your phone number, email address, date of birth, sex, home address, state, and LGA. Fill in the spaces with the correct info and click on the ‘continue’ button
- The next stage is ‘choosing a pin’. Your pin must be a 4-digit number. This PIN with your phone number will be required for login and authorization of transactions (much like your bank secret code). Once you’ve chosen your PIN, click on continue to finalize the registration process
Once you are through with your registration, you can log in to the app. You’ll be automatically taken to your dashboard. Your KongaPay balance will be N0 by default. To pay for your DSTV subscription, you’ll need to fund your KongaPay wallet.
Related: How to Register on DSTV Now App
How to Fund Your KongaPay Wallet
I prefer the bank details method adopted by KongaPay for funding as it is so much easier. Remember, KongaPay is regulated by the central bank so all your bank details will be encrypted between the app and your bank.
- To fund your KongaPay account, tap on the menu icon on the left side of the screen
- click on the ‘Fund KongaPay Account’
- A new window will come up. Click on the ‘select your bank’ and select your bank from the drop-down menu and click on the ‘Continue’ button
- The next step is the ‘Add Card’. You’ll be required to add your ATM card details (KongaPay supports Verve, MasterCard and Visa ATM card). Add your card expiry date as well as the CVV (the CVV is the 3-digit number engraved at the back of your ATM card on the black stripe running the length of the card)
- Once you’ve filled in the details of your card, click on the “continue” button to complete the setup process
Note that in order for KongaPay to verify the accuracy of your card details, a certain amount, around N50-N300, will be deducted from your account. This is a standard practice amongst merchant apps. The money will be refunded again within two to three business days.
Immediately your bank details are registered, your bank account will be synchronized with the KongaPay app and then you can start making payments on the Konga e-commerce platform or pay for your TV subscriptions.
How to Pay Your DSTV Subscription with KongaPay
- Login to your KongaPay app using your phone number and the 4-digit PIN you chose earlier
- Click on the ‘Bills & Services’ tab
- Select ‘TV Subscriptions’ from the option
- Once you click on the “TV subscription” option, you’ll be taken to a new page where you’ll need to select your subscription type. KongaPay currently supports only DSTV and GOTV
- Select DSTV and enter your smartcard number in the space provided for ‘Device number’, then click on continue
- Your current DSTV subscription details will be displayed on your screen. You can decide to continue with your current bouquet plan or change it from the drop down menu.
- If you want your subscription to be auto renewed every month, select the auto renewal option
- Click on the pay button to complete your payment.
- An OTP code will be sent to your registered phone number. Type it in the space provided and you’re all set
That’s all about registering on KongaPay and paying your DSTV subscription using the app.
The app is not only for TV subscription renewal but also lots of other features like airtime purchase and fund transfer. In fact, if you love shopping on Konga a lot, you probably should sign up for KongaPay as it makes the process of payment much easier.
If you’re a seller on Konga, you should also consider signing up as it allows you to transfer your fund directly to your bank account.
If you’ve used the platform, share your experience in the comment section below. I’ll be glad to hear from you.