Are you in search of a solar power inverter to help run your appliances? Then you’re in the right place.
Due to the epileptic power supply in Nigeria, solar energy has been a recommended alternative source of electricity.
Solar power is the conversion of sunlight into electricity. For efficiency and efficacy, however, long-lasting solar power systems require a high-quality inverter with a robust convention cooling system.
So, what exactly are these solar Inverters?
Solar inverters are technologies that convert the variable direct current (DC) output of a photovoltaic solar panel into a utility frequency alternating current (AC), which can be inputted into an electrical grid or used by a local electrical network.
Solar inverter forms the balance of system (BOS), which is a core component in a photovoltaic system, therefore allowing the use of ordinary AC-powered equipment.
Sit back and read through this piece as I reveal to you various types of solar inverters in Nigeria — alongside their specs and prices.
Table of Contents
Types of Solar Inverters
The Nigeria market is currently equipped with three major types of solar inverters.
Each one of them, however, has different specifications even though they perform the same function. Also, they have different working principles but achieve the same goal. The types or classifications include:
- Stand-alone Inverters/Off Grid Inverter: This is an electrical inverter that converts DC power stored in batteries to AC power that can be utilized based on need. Normally, Stand-alone inverters usually come in sizes from 100watts to 8000watts. The minimum can be used to power notebook computers and fax machines when affixed to your car while the maximum can be used for powering an entire house or small commercial operations.
- Grid-tie Inverter: An electrical inverter which is associated with the grid can be said to be a grid-tie inverter. How does it work? It works by feeding power from or to the electricity grid by corresponding phase and frequency. Do you know the beauty of these inverters? They are designed to automatically shut down once they sense a loss of supply from the utility. Grid-tie Inverters are used between local electrical power generators like the solar panel, wind turbine, hydroelectric, and grid.
- Battery Backup Inverter: These special types of inverters are particularly designed to draw energy from a battery. The charge of the battery is, however, preserved by using an onboard charger, and an additional energy is transferred to the utility grid. These types of inverters have the ability to provide AC Power to particular loads during power shortages. In addition, they are also equipped with anti-islanding function.
- Micro Inverter: These are the latest inverters in the solar industry. They are small, compact, and portable with a wide spectrum of performance. On a general note, they include a single solar module that generates DC to be converted to AC.
Solar Inverters Price List in Nigeria
Looking at the wide varieties of solar inverters on the market, I deem it fit to give the specifications of some of them in order to guide you in making the right choice. As I stated earlier, they have different specifications but perform the same function in a different fashion.
1. 8KVA Solar Inverter
Looking for the best solar inverter to invest in? Then, you’ve seen one. Known for a high performance, excellent power output and a battery protector with an optimum functionality. Build to withstand the rigors of heavy usage that is expected in our under-served environment. Important features and specifications include:
- Fast Changeover time
- Surface Mounted Technology
- Intelligent Thermal Management
- Pre-loaded battery management software
- Digital Display
- Thermal Protection
- Intelligent battery low cut off
- Size of 62×24.5×18.5
- Weight of 9kg
|Starting from ₦300,000|
2. 2.4 KVA Solar Inverter
This is a modified sine wave inverter that operates without a transformer. Hence, it has a lightweight. It’s suitable for lightings, fans, phones and even televisions. The Features include the following:
- Sensitive Mode Selection (UPS mode or Inverter Mode)
- 10A/20A Selectable AC charging Current
- Off Mode Charging Function
- Multiple Installation options. That is, can be horizontal, vertical or wall mounted
- Surge, Overload, Short Circuit, over temperature, and overcharging Protection
- Generators & Utility Power Compatibility
- Inbuilt PMW Charge Controller
- Weight of 3.6kg
|Starting from ₦47,000|
3. 2000Watts (2KVA) Solar Power Inverter
Features and specifications include the following:
- Input and Output Voltage of 12v and 230v respectively
- Efficiency greater than 90%
- Input and Output are completely independent
- Universal Sockets, suitable for all kinds of plugs
- High precision voltage stability technology
- Overload Protection
- Weight of 0.9kg
- With Charger and SUB output
|Starting from ₦16,500|
4. 100Watt (0.1KVA) Solar Inverter
- Battery capacity of 12 volts
- Built-in inverter: DC 12V to AC 220V 100W
- A charging LED indicator
- LED bulb: 12V 5W – 3-meter wire with an individual switch -2PCS
- Solar panel: 18V 10W poly-crystalline with 3 meters wire -1PC
- USB cable: 10 in 1 USB cable -1PC
|Starting from ₦35,500|
5. 1500Watts (1.5KVA) Solar Power Inverter
With this solar power Inverter, the following features are enjoyable:
- Supplies 1500watts of AC power from a 12-volt Battery
- Audio Alarm warns of low battery
- Safely shut down in case of over temperature or overload condition.
- Can operate a 25-inch TV for about 4 hours from a typical car battery
|Starting from ₦11,000|
Solar Inverters have the power to convert DC to AC which can be used to power up home appliances or forwarded to another channel. The various types available perform the same function even though their specifications vary.
Hope you found this article helpful?